Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Regulars

Saddest thing I have seen in a long time...

I could be classified as a regular at a local coffee shop in Louisville, KY. Good environment, great location, And I have cranked out some papers and reading in that place!

During my high frequency of visits I noticed a couple that also frequented and could come under the same classification of "regulars." They are both still fairly young, in college, late teens or early twenties. They would sit on the same side of a booth, be obnoxiously close and romantic with puppy dog eyes. One time they even held hands while working on there laptops and typing with one hand! Now that's dedication!

But today I showed up to the coffee shop as I normally do and I saw the guy on his laptop working on his computer. A little while later the girl came in and sat at a separate table. I thought maybe she was giving him space because at that point he was on the phone with someone and his laptop books and notebook were taking up the entirety of the two person table where he was sitting. He got off the phone...nothing...

45 minutes go by and neither one makes a move or even acknowledges the other. Maybe the guy is working on a super important project! Heck he could be in high school and studying for a final! That's pretty important, I thought.

All of the sudden the girl got up to leave and packed her things. I not very conspicuously watched and waited to see what would happen.

She gets up out of her chair, looks at the guy with a somber face, he looks up, she waves, he disinterestedly waves back, and then she leaves without saying a word...

Oh my heart hurt for them...more for her because she looked very sad and he looked like he didn't care.

But man...love sucks.

Dating Rule #12: Be prepared to see you ex or someone you used to date out at some of the same places you two would frequent together. You never expect it, but it will happen at some point or another. It's a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment