Monday, May 27, 2013

Hot, Hotter, Hottest

Time to update with another report on this wild adventure I'm having.  When our team was getting on our last connecting flight to Chennai we met a man that said he was from Chennai as well as a Catholic priest.  He was a very nice old man and he asked us, "Why in the world would you want to visit India now? It's the hottest time of the year. There are only 3 climates in India: hot, hotter, and hottest."

We found this very much to be true.  As soon as we left the airconditioned portion of the Chennai airport it was as if we all ran into a wall of heat. Man oh man was it hot. If you have been following my posts on facebook you will have seen that this past week the temperature has been that of 107, 109, and 108 degrees Farenheit. Some have told us that this isn't even the hottest it can get. We've been told by Sam Asir that it can get up to 120 degrees Farenheit. He said it is so hot then that the road begins to melt...wait...WHAT?? The road begins to MELT??  I pray and pray that it doesn't get that hot because I am struggling as it is right now to stay hydrated. 

Probably my spoiled American side coming out when I start complaining about not having any cold water to drink. Never know how much you appreciate something until you have to live a good bit of time without it.  Nothing I would enjoy more than to totally immerse myself in a pool, lake, or river filled with cold water.

In other news, I was able to make it almost 2 full weeks without getting stomach sick.  Turns out my time has come and I've been spending a great deal of my with stomach pains...and I'll spare you the rest.  Besides that, all is well and hopefully I will return to full strength soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well. We are praying! Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete