Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Cancer Sucks

Up until a few years ago, I confess that I did not personally know many people that were affected by cancer.  A few years ago that all changed.

My roommate from college: his mom died of leukemia
Another best friend from college: his mom died of stomach cancer
My pastor that I grew up in church under for 24 years: diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
My mom: diagnosed with breast cancer
My cousin: diagnosed with breast cancer and bone cancer
And just this past week one of my best friends that I've known since 3rd grade: diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia

All of this has happened in the past 2 and half years. I hate cancer and I have no doubt that God hates cancer also because it is a result of the broken world that we live in.

This past week I've been reading Psalm 119.  As hard as it may seem, I am given peace that even when life is hard, God is still good and still fully deserving of all worship and praise.  I hate cancer, but I know that cancer is not the end of the story. I have a God in heaven that loves me and loves all of these people enough to send his Son to die that we may have eternal life.  A life with no suffering, no pain, and no cancer.

Dear God, please come quickly and get rid of all cancer and brokenness, and sin. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment