Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Dating Chronicles: Ghost 👻

So I meet this girl, we talk for a little while and we are in that "get to know each other" stage.  I decide that the time has come for me to ask this girl out on a date.  I very clearly ask that I would love to get coffee or go out for ice cream sometime.

*Silence*

"Ok this girl is pretty good at getting back to me, and even though she may go a few hours without responding she usually replies within a day or so.  I'm not going to worry about it."

*Silence*

The next day: "Okay, maybe she is having a busy week."

A week goes by...

*Silence*

Well it looks like I have been ghosted.  That sucks because she seemed like a cool girl and just up out of nowhere she doesn't respond to me clearly asking her out on a date.  If that is not a sign that someone is not interested, I don't know what is.  But what can I do about it?  She did not respond to me asking her out on a date and it is consider faux pas to ask someone after the fact, "Hey, I know you ghosted me, but would you mind letting me know why you weren't interested?"  Yeah...that's never gonna happen.  Ghosting is disrespectful and the least a person can do is say, "Hey, I don't think this is going to work out." Or "I'm not feeling it." Or "I'm not interested, but thanks." Something that treats the person like a human being and not like an object.  Anyways, I digress...

No point in continuing to think about it or her because obviously nothing will ever come of it, so I better just move on.  Next song.

A months passes...

Message from this girl: "Soooo...did you lose interest or what's going on?"

I'm thinking, "This girl has some stones to say that after I asked her out on a date." I tell her that I texted her if she wanted to hang out and she never responded.  Apparently she, "Didn't see it" and that she didn't ghost me. In fact she doesn't ghost people in general. She also told me she was still interested, and she would love to go out on a date sometime....😑

So going against my better judgement we go out on a date. I like taking girls on dates because dates are fun, and like I said, she seemed like a cool girl. So, we get ice cream, and we have a good time. We go out again and we get sushi and we have a great time.  I kinda get busy with school and she does some traveling and our communication is sparse but we still chat and joke on a frequent basis.  One day we are texting and I ask her if she would like to go on another date.

*Silence*

Next day: "That's weird. Maybe I'll try calling her."  Call and leave a voicemail.

*Silence*

Next day: "Okay, maybe she is super busy, or driving on a long road trip, or taking a nap, or maybe she lost her phone. Hmmm, she still is posting on Instagram and Snapchat so she didn't lose her phone..."

Wait another day and: "Hey, did you get my voicemail the other day?"

*Silence*

Ghost me once, shame on you.  Ghost me twice, shame on me.

Dating lesson #9: If a girl ghosts you and then comes up with some B.S. excuse to text you and makes another B.S. excuse about how she didn't ghost you...don't respond...ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment